Books We're Currently Reading

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Memories of my dad today.  This was taken April 24th, 2004.  3 years and 6 days before he passed away.  This makes me laugh becuase he was SO excited and proud of his new scooter.  He was giddy in fact, that my mom finally let him have a bike.  My brothers have shared fun memories of my dad riding this with a helmet, chemistry lab goggles and a scarf before Pete bought him the proper attire for Christmas.



This picture makes me smile because he asked me to come over and take a picture of him on his scooter.  (Oh how I wish I had a better camera back then!)  I walked in to find him in his recliner wearing this classic outfit. So like him, sweatpants and sweatshirt and his black sketchers.  I remember saying, way to dress up for a picture dad! He smirked, his "trying not to laugh" face was easily read!  "What, you don't like my outfit?" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment