Books We're Currently Reading

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I do, Mommy!

Karalee has become quite the independent girl over the last month or two and it is pretty cute.  She insists on doing things herself and gets pretty offended if you rush her.  My friend (who also has a two year old) wrote something that really hit me. She said of her little "helper"...."My job is 'mommy' not 'laundry folder' or 'speedy dishwasher unloader." Wow! Miss Karalee does have such a servant's heart and it fill's both Nolan's and my heart with joy to see it. Here is a list of a few things she has BEGGED to help/do herself in the last 24 hours.
  Put her pants on....(cute to watch the attempt)
  Put her shoes on
  Wash her hair
  Comb her hair
  Put her hair in a pony tail
  Open her car door
  Buckle her seat belt
  Get the milk from the fridge
  Fill her cup
  Do the dishes
  Fold the laundry
  Sweep up, (yes sweep) the crumbs she spilled on the carpet
  Climb into her crib
  Take daddy his cup
  Put her waffle in the toaster
  Read her book
  Call  Mimi, Nana, and Cody ( most of the time I find my phone with 222-34-2568-9873..... and I ask
         who she was trying to call.)
  Hold Audree
  Make the bed
The list goes on and on.  Thank you Lord for such a sweet girl with a helper's heart. Thank you too, for good friends who remind you to throw efficiency out the window and grant a sweet toddler her greatest desire...to help her mommy. After all, I would be silly to think this will last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment